Realizing a sustainable society through the satisfaction of customers and urban creation
Ensure to create „attractive Works with safety and security“ that satisfy customers and solve social problems by innovation, and contribute to realize a sustainable society through urban creation.
- Create appealing „town, architecture, and services“ that have additional value by precisely understanding social problems and customer needs while at the same time systematically mobilizing wisdom, know-how and technical capability, continuing innovation, and demonstrating the diverse sensitivities of each individual.
- Achieve building production and processes that are friendly to society and the environment whilst simultaneously achieving building safety and security to the levels that society demands.
- Put individual craftsmanship into actual practice, by going and seeing in real time.
- Build and strengthen partnerships with business partners and integrate quality into each process based on mutual trust.
- Sustain and improve the value of buildings by supporting customers throughout the life cycle of their business and buildings.
- Acquire the satisfaction and trust of customers through providing customers with proper information on „town, architecture, and services“ and sincere communication.
Compliance with laws and social norms
Comply with laws and other social norms, carry out fair, transparent and free competition, and proper trade, and conduct conscientious corporate activities.
- Each executive and employee shall commit to maintain high ethical standards and behave with sense of morality, as well as observing the laws and regulations.
- Participate in fair and transparent market competition by demonstrating planning, design and technological capabilities.
- Comply with antimonopoly and related laws while preventing improper bid behavior and the abuse of dominant bargaining positions. In addition, conduct the security export control properly.
- Promote purchasing activities based on our procurement policy.
- Create and utilize intellectual property while respecting internal and external intellectual property rights.
- Maintain a highly transparent relationship with politicians and officials and carry out constructive dialog such as policy proposals, expressing opinions, etc.
- Do not give a bribe to nor accept it from public officials or the same for the purpose of obtaining unfair gains.
Disclosure and protection of information
Engage in dialogues with a broad range of stakeholders and disclose corporate information actively and fairly. In addition, protect and properly manage all types of information obtained through business activities.
- Establish an information disclosure policy, and disclose corporate information required by society in a timely, appropriate manner.
- Promote interactive communication with a broad range of stakeholders through publicity, dialog and other activities.
- Strive to prevent insider trading.
- Maintain and improve information security related to personal and customer information.
Respect for human rights
Conduct a business that respects for human rights of all the people who engage in business activity.
- Respect internationally recognized human rights.
- Promote business activities in accordance with the human rights policy.
- Cooperate with diverse stakeholders and contribute to create an inclusive society where human rights are respected.
Realizing a comfortable workplace environment
Create a workplace where diversity and individuality are respected, and ensure comfortable environment where mental and physical health and safety are considered, thereby providing a sense of affluence and confidence, and supporting personal growth.
- Do not treat employees unfairly by acts such as harassment or discrimination by nationality, gender, age, etc. in the implementation of human resources management.
- Improve productivity fundamentally, conduct a review of work style, promote a work-life balance, and establish a workplace environment, personnel and reward system that encourage personnel to demonstrate their abilities.
- Respect the individuality of employees, and develop an education system that supports their efforts to develop their career and capability.
- Establish a safe and comfortable workplace environment, and at the same time promote business operation that considers health.
Contribution to global environment
Grasp common challenges to humanity in a way that leaves a beautiful Earth to the future, and independently strive for space creation that is in harmony with the environment and connects people with nature.
- Promote the creation of environmentally friendly architecture, improvement of environmental performance, and lowering of environmental loads to achieve a low carbon society.
- Promote 3R* activities that expand the recycling of construction waste for contributing to the creating of a resources recycling society.
- Promote efforts for the preservation of biodiversity and sustainable use of bioresources.
- Take measures against the risk of environmental pollution and environmental load, etc. that are caused by our business activities.
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle of construction waste.
Contribution to society
Proactively participate in local community and contribute to its development as a good corporate citizen, with activities that best utilize „the spirit of craftsmanship, knowledge and technology,“ which is fostered through business activities.
- Strive for spread and development of our knowledge and technology through personnel contributions to support academic societies and educational institutions, and the demonstration of our works and technologies.
- Communicate with, and maintain and develop good relations with the community through activities in our workplace.
- Make efforts to link with and cooperate with NPO’s and NGO’s.
- Promote and disseminate architectural culture, personnel education and support research through corporate foundations.
- Support social contribution activities that are conducted by employees.
Thorough risk management
Be prepared against acts of antisocial forces, terrorism, cyber-attacks, natural disasters, or other risks that pose a threat to civic life and corporate activities, and conduct systematic and thorough risk management.
- Organize a systematic risk management structure.
- Ensure that the response to antisocial forces is completely understood by all employees, and at the same time collaborate with organizations concerned to response to antisocial forces. In addition, ensure the signing of a memorandum with cooperating companies concerning „organized-crime-group exclusion clauses.“
- Engage in risk management and taking measures against a threat of terrorism to the board members, employees, and offices in Japan and overseas.
- Establish technical and physical security control measures and incident-response structure in ICT and strive to ensure cyber security.
- Establish a system to prepare against disasters and respond to disasters accordingly.
Respect for international norms and contributions to each country and region
In line with the globalization of business activities, comply with laws and regulations of the countries and regions where business operations are based, and respect human rights and other international norms of behavior. Also, consider the local culture and customs as well as the interests of stakeholders, and contribute toward the development of the local economy and society.
- Comply with the laws and social norms in each country and region in the deployment of global business while respecting international norms and rules. In particular, firmly prevent child labor or forced labor.
- Respect local customs and culture of each country and region, and promote business activities on the basis of mutual trust with local stakeholders.
- Strive to turn the management team into a local operation and build an appropriate work environment in line with the circumstances of each country and region.
- Pay attention to whether overseas business counterparts discharge their social responsibilities, and if necessary give them assistance to make improvements.
Implementation system, and response to violation
Top management shall recognize their personal role in the practice of corporate activities in accordance with this Corporate Code of Conduct. They shall provide skilled leadership and shall understand the views of internal and external stakeholders, and devise education and instruction for this Code by the establishment of an effective company system. In case this Code is violated, top management shall personally take charge of solving the problem, promptly make full public disclosure, explain what has occurred, and upon determining the source of competence and responsibility, impose strict disciplinary action against those held responsible, including top management itself.
- Promote CSR by making this Code thoroughly known and effectively used with leadership from top management, and evaluate and enhance the operational situation of the efforts periodically.
- Set up education and instruction to promote CSR throughout the entire corporate group, and implement activities that promote CSR efforts including business partners in supply chains.
- Set up a consultation and notification service independent from the regular chain of command and make use of the facility in order to improve corporate behavior.
- Set up an internal system, from the viewpoint of risk management, to prevent emergency situations from occurring.
When an emergency situation occurs, promptly conduct an investigation under the leadership of top management, determine the facts and causes, and adopt responsible and appropriate policies and measures as a corporation to handle the situation, and top management shall take prompt action to provide the public with an explanation of the relevant facts, the policies adopted to address the matter and the measures taken to prevent recurrence.